Sunday 18 May 2014

Post Braces: Part 2

Hello again! So the FAQ Page has been updated to answer the questions of Laura Murdock and Muyuki Yuki (thanks again for reading guys!). [Post edit - another new question from Em m and Sherlyn has been put in there too].

In answer the question from Em m in the comments last week, I hope the picture this week shows you. So in all the pictures I held my jaws open for the camera so that I could fully capture all the brackets. However, sometimes, it was not possible to bite my front teeth down without hitting the brackets below. But yes most of the time I could close my jaws without problems.

So as you can probably see from the picture, my teeth are not 100% perfect. You can see that they front top and bottom teeth don’t line up perfectly. Therefore my back teeth are also not 100% perfectly aligned, but good enough. This did make me a little sad when I saw this, but I reasoned that I had no idea how much longer it was going to take. For all I knew, it would take a further 6 months and I couldn’t keep flying back and forth, taking days out of work for that. Not when I’d done that for so long.

Even though I’m pretty happy with them, I have thought maybe a few years in the future I might have them on again to make them completely perfect. I think I would go to Poland to have them done though, because although flying there would be a hassle, it would be much cheaper.


One thing I’ve noticed since I got them off is that I need to use less lip balm on my lips. I still need it quite often, but it was nowhere near as bad as when I had the braces on. I think it may be because the lips are very slightly stretched, and maybe they’re even protruding a little and so air from your nose is drying them out even more. This is just speculation, but it may be that those getting braces will need to be armed with lip-balm at all times, like I was!

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your teeth look fabulous! Once again thank you for the reply! I just got them on and I don't have bands this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there, what a great find! Im 33 and I'm about to start writing about my experience with Braces, I will be putting them on in 2 weeks, so thought I should check around for other bloggers. Very interesting! Please keep posting ok? it would be fantastic to have fellow "sufferers" to rely on with tips and exchange of ideas. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was looking for Clear braces in Whitton.

    Very nice post!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. im glad to see this post. thank you for sharing the experience

    ReplyDelete