Monday 29 April 2013

Day 7


Week one damon clear braces, receding gums, eating, cleaning, biting and chewing with braces
One week with Damon Braces!
It’s now exactly a week since I got my braces on and eating is much better. In fact most of the pain I have eating now comes from my mouth ulcer, which is also starting to heal.

Sadly I can’t notice much movement apart from the four bottom front teeth moving apart slightly after the first day, but I suppose I can’t expect miracles. I have my next checkup two weeks from today, and I hope I’ll see some change by that time, even if it’s only tiny.
Biting into stuff with my front teeth is a little difficult still, but I can do it with soft food. However, as much of the food gets broken down by the back teeth anyway, I tend to just put the food straight to the back of my mouth.
One thing I forgot to mention, for anyone else with receding gums in some areas: whilst having the braces fitted, it was quite painful on the tooth where the gum is receded because of being hit with a powerful blast of air and cold water. I did ask the doctor beforehand, and the dental assistant afterwards if there was a possibility that it could get better or worse with the braces, since my gums around the teeth are going to be moving as well. I was worried there was a possibility that the nerve to my tooth could get even more exposed. But the doctor and the dental nurse both assured me that this would not be the case – otherwise I guess they wouldn’t have gone ahead with the treatment.
Also this week my mirror checking time is slightly less than it was last week. I couldn’t stop looking at them last week.
Oh, and I’ve also lost a bit of weight in this week, because of soups, protein shakes and yogurt, so that’s another thing I’m pleased about!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! How are your braces now? Seeing little improvement may discourage you at first, but rest assured your teeth is a lot better now isn't it? Moving teeth may take a while because of their placement and the gums play a part on it too.

    Eric Burgess @ Burgess Center

    ReplyDelete